Mortlake SW London

October / November 2023

We was contacted by the owners looking for their house to be renovated after the previous tenant moved out. We visited the property and discovered it was left in a terrible state. Mould and mildew had taken hold in almost every room and damp had penetrated most of the walls and windows.
We spent a couple of days talking with the owners about numerous possibilities and ideas until we agreed a course of action. The property was to be sold after the refurb so we had to agree a sensible budget, one which worked for us and for the client. 
I estimated the work would take four weeks to complete as some  of the rooms and the windows were in terrible condition, and we would need a team of four men to complete.
The first job was to give the property a thorough clean and to rid the house of the mould and to fix the damp which was estimated to take at least three days.

The pictures below are of the property before we started any work.





The outside was in poor condition, especially the wooden windows where portions of the wood had rotted. We discussed replacing all the windows, but decided against this, and instead we would renovate the existing windows and frames.

The masonry was not in too bad condition, except for a few cracks which had developed over the years 



These are the pictures of the outside after the work. 

It took a lot of work to renovate the original windows and the on the front window we had to build and replace a whole new window sill as the existing wood which had become rotten could not be saved.
In the back garden we cut away most of the wild bushes and jet washed the patio

Bathroom / Upstairs

Before and after

The family bathroom on the first floor was very dated when we began. 
As with most of the house we discussed ideas and even fitting a whole new bathroom suite. We agreed to remove all the existing wallpaper and replace the sink and toilet, also the lights and to fit new lino.
First of all  we gave the bathroom a very thorough clean to remove the mould and any rotted wood. The walls and ceilings were then lined with lining paper before being painted with specialist bathroom paint.
The toilet and sink was replaced and a new lino cut and fitted before adding new lights and fittings.
it was a very cost effective job we did for the client, where the end result looked like a whole new bathroom which was achieved at a fraction of the price.


Before and after

After conversations with the client we advised them to replace numerous items. first of all the oven, hob and fan extractor were all past the point of no repair. Other items were replaced like worktops and new lights were fitted.



Before and after 

All in all, it was a job we really enjoyed doing. The client was very happy and we managed to stay within budget and time scale.

We need your consent to load the translations

We use a third-party service to translate the website content that may collect data about your activity. Please review the details and accept the service to view the translations.